Monday, January 24, 2011

Currently Reading: Ender's Shadow

Hey, everybody.

First, enjoy the new format of the blog. I may switch back, or I may switch to something else. Either way, I suspect the change is temporary.

Second, I failed to read any short stories last week; I may yet read one this week. It was my intention to read "The Snows of Kilimanjaro" by Ernest Hemingway, but it just didn't grab my attention.

So I picked up a bunch of different books this weekend, and for whatever reason, Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card was what stuck. I read Ender's Game a couple years ago, and it was pretty good. The so-called "Military Sci-Fi" isn't my favorite sci-fi subgenre, although I have been known to partake in it: Ender's Game, Starship Troopers, Aliens (on film) and Battlestar Galactica (on tv). Old Man's War by John Scalzi is currently loaded on the Kindle waiting to be read.

The Ender's series has been turned into a comic book series by Marvel, although I haven't really indulged in it. (Aside: Marvel is supposed to do a series detailing the Formic Wars, which could be cool.) The series also hasn't yet been ruined by Hollywood, so I'm able to enjoy it (strictly) as the written word.

Updates to be posted to Goodreads, Twitter and the Blog as time allows. Enjoy your week everybody, and I'll probably be back with a new post on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment