Monday, November 22, 2010

Internet Favorites

Hey, everybody! Yesterday I reorganized the righthand column on the blog. It was just a small change - I added a list of links to some of my favorite internet websites.

First up is Amazon.com. There's no two ways about it: I have a very serious Amazon.com addiction. (One of the reasons I started this blog was to give myself a forum in which I could discuss books, instead of just buying more!) I find it hard to believe anyone sophisticated enough to find my blog doesn't know what Amazon.com is all about, so let's just leave it at that for now.

I read io9.com everyday. It is a website dedicated to science and science fiction - two things I love to read about. It is updated frequently and challenges me to think in different ways about the world all the time. Please to enjoy.

Next up is NPR Books. I listen to NPR everyday in the car going to and from work. Their take on books (and music, IMHO) has been on fire since early summer. Case in point: the recent story they did about Kristin Kimball and her book, The Dirty Life. It's a real-life Green Acres story, from girly-girl to hog butcher. Check it out.

The Prairie Archives in Springfield, Illinois is one of the finest used book stores in Central Illinois.

The Rochester Public Library is my local public library.

Sporcle is an internet-based quiz website; their slogan is "mentally challenging diversions" and they aren't kidding. It is addictive as hell! Knowledge is power - and fun! What are you waiting for?! Visit today!

TV Tropes is another addictive website dedicated to the tropes commonly found in today's fiction and literature. (Don't let the name fool you, it has entries for just about every medium of fiction.)

Rounding out my list of favorites is Wired.com. Science fiction is born at the cutting edge of technology, and that's what you will find at Wired.com: all the latest news, updated frequently, about the newest technology of the day.

So anyway, enjoy the links, and check back soon for my latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment